Additional to the regular financing support from FFF Bayern, the Bavarian Government approved a special program for the financing of international co-productions of theatrical films with an annual volume of 3.000.000€ in 2013/2014.
The following guidelines apply for the special program:
- Applications may submitted at any time
- Funding decisions are made 4 weeks after deadline
- At least one co-production partner must be from a Country outside of the German speaking countries
- Minumum budget: 5.000.000€
- The theatrical film must be produced for and suitable for international exploitation
- Maximum funding amount: 1.600.000€
- The German co-production share must be at least 50% of the budget or 5.000.000€
- A considerable part of the production and at least half of the shooting days must take place in Bavaria
- Exception: For VFX-productions it may be allowable that only the virtual shooting takes place in Bavaria
- The project must be presented to the FFF Bayern prior to submission of the application
- an accumulation of funds from special program with the regular support funds from FFF Bayern is not permitted
- Projects which have already been presented to the allocation committee may not be submitted to the special program.
For further information about the funding program, visit: www.fff-bayern.de